We’ve had tons of requests from people asking about adult webcam jobs and how to become a webcam model, so we’ve created a adult webcam jobs guide to help you every step of the way.
Want to earn some extra cash on the side whilst staying at home in your underwear? That’s what thousands of men and women are doing right now as adult cam models.
Below are a list of adult cam job sites that will will help you to create an account easily and get you started as a model quickly.
|Site||Quick Overview||Models||Payout||Sign Up|
|- Leading amateur cam site, quick setup|
- Highest payouts for models in the industry
- Free to join
|50,000+||Every 2 weeks||Visit Site|
|- Control your earnings 30% to 100%|
- Get paid every two weeks
- Free to join
|50,000+||Every 2 weeks||Visit Site|
|- 50% earnings share, 25% referred members|
- Professional studio cam girls needed
- Free to join
|40,000+||Every 2 weeks||Visit Site|
How to Become a Webcam Model
If you want to be successful as an adult cam performer, then you need to get the foundations in place and actually have a plan. Below are the steps you should take in order to stand a good chance at making decent money.
1. Create an account with a trusted adult chat site
Choose one of the sites above (they are trusted), create an account and follow the details on screen.
- Setup your payment info: You will be asked for payment details so they can pay you frequently. Use a service like First Choice Pay or Paxum to get paid. It’s safe and you can make direct bank withdrawals making it easy to get paid.
- Submit the tax forms: Whether you’re in the US or anywhere else in the world. You will need to submit the required forms, as well as provide photo ID.
- Sign a release form: The provider will (should) ask you to sign a release form, which allows the footage of you on camera to be released (legally) online.
- Pick a good username: Think of a username that is sexy, easy to remember and not tacky. The key is memorability. Also register a Twitter and Instagram account with the same username, which can be used later when marketing yourself.
- Have a good profile photos: Use full body shots that are clear and show your face. These will be used on your profile when you’re not online. Upload at least 5. Pick the sexiest photo for the default profile picture.
- Have a well written bio: Take some time to create a good bio, which should list your likes, dislikes, sexual fantasies, wishlist and a little about you (Age, ethnicity, hair colour, breast/dick size etc).
Once your account is setup, you will receive the next steps in an email. Follow those steps to get started.
Before going live (which is known as a broadcast, you will want to setup your home studio…
2. Buy the right equipment
Having the right equipment is essential as a cam model these days. The better your equipment, the more professional you will look and the more customers you will get. You don’t need to look studio professional, but you do need to look better than the average model.
- Use an HD camera: The days of using your inbuilt webcam are gone. You need to invest in a high quality webcam that films at 720p or higher. 1080p is recommended though. Logitech make awesome webcams.
- Get a good external microphone: A good microphone is equally as important, because it allows you to be heard clearly. In-built mics are not powerful enough. Something like a RODE mic will be the best option.
- High speed internet: It goes without saying that you need a solid internet connection. Go with a hardwired ethernet connection as opposed to WIFI to avoid dropouts. Speed needs to be at least 10mbps.
- Use studio lighting: One or two studio lights will make you pop! They allow your customers to see everything on camera, without having to squint due to dark shadows.
- Setup your backdrop: Experiment with backdrops and change them to suit your performance. Obviously keep it clean too.
- Have your props/outfits close by: You will be doing multiple cam shows per week, so it’s better to have your props and outfits ready so you don’t keep the punters waiting.
Trust us when we say that using the right equipment will be the difference between being an average webcam model and a very popular cam model, earning the big bucks.
3. Set a schedule and stick to it
Adult cam jobs are a great way to make additional income. If you’re serious about making money online as cam model, then you really need to create a schedule and stick to it.
The reason being is because you will encourage your best customers to join a group chat and eventually pay for a private show. They will learn to expect you at a certain time or day and feel a sense of excitement waiting for you.
If you don’t ever tell your customers when you’re going to be online, you will find that they’ll lose interest and move on.
So choose a day, time and be there on the dot, every week. Without fail.
4. Market yourself
Ok, so now that you have your account created, your equipment setup, home studio ready to go and your broadcast schedule planned. You should be eager to take your first broadcast live.
After your first successful broadcast, you should begin marketing yourself. This is how you build a following of loyal cam subscribers that will buy you gifts, pay for private shows and send you a lot of money.
Here’s how to do it…
- Create a Twitter/Instagram account: Post frequently on both accounts and link to them from your cam bio page. Reply to your comments and stay engaged with your followers. You should be posting sexy photos, times that you’re going to be broadcasting and answering common questions.
- Use multiple cam sites: It’s not uncommon for models to use more than one cam site to broadcast. This will widen your reach and help you to build a following quicker.
- Record live broadcasts and upload to porn sites: This is clever tactic that a lot of cam girls and guys are doing these days. Once you’ve finished a cam session, upload it to a popular porn site like PornHub and you will get folks watching your pre-recorded cams and then searching for your username on Google (which you should out in the title of the video). Cool right?
Be clever with your marketing. If you do it right, you will get a constant stream of cam followers who could bankroll you enough to do this as a full time job.
5. Make more money
There are several things you can do to boost your income and make more money. Here are some proven ways:
- Speak and type English clearly: English is essential when camming, so you need to be fluent as 99% of cam sites require it. It’s also a good idea to maybe learn another language so you can cater to a wider market.
- Have FUN!: If you’re miserable or not enjoying yourself on camera, it will show and you will see your audience dwindle. Be sexy, curious, willing to try new things and always leave your customer wanting more!
- Use toys and props: Dildos, lube, outfits, whips, handcuffs, panties… have everything you need for each show close by so that you don’t need to be off camera for any length of time. Also listen to your customers and give them what they want.
- Look your best: You don’t need to have a face full of makeup every time you broadcast, but look presentable and fresh if you can. Good hair, some makeup, clean clothes etc.
- Pay attention to all customers: You will get some customers who spend more on you than others, this is great. But don’t leave the other customers out of the loop, otherwise they will lose interest or feel left out. Treat them all with respect and acknowledge them all until you’re taken into private chat… then you can pay extra attention to the one person.
- Have a wishlist: Some customers will love you so much that they will shower you with gifts. Make sure you setup an Amazon Wishlist so they can buy you things. Link to that wishlist in your bio.
The bottom line is that you need to be on top of your game. See what the top cam girls and guys are doing to be so popular and EMULATE them. Don’t copy them, just take inspiration and adopt similar characteristics, props, background drops and equipment.
Adult Webcam Job FAQ’s
How can I make money as a webcam model?
You make your money through tokens (or credits) that your customers will spend to see you perform on camera. These tokens will be spent in group chats, private shows, pre-recorded videos that you’ve published and even through tips or gifts.
How long does it take to get paid?
The amount of time it takes for you to get paid really depends on what payment method you choose when signing up. Some cam providers pay weekly, whilst others pay after every session, so you need to check before creating the account.
Can I block my state/country from seeing my profile?
Yes. Each provider will give you tools that allow you to only be seen in a certain state, city or country, so that you can protect your identity from friends and family.
Can I see the customers I’m performing for?
Yes, but only if they have the Cam 2 Cam feature switched on and you’re in a private show. However it’s not compulsory that your customer needs to switch their webcam on, so you shouldn’t expect it.
Do I have to try and get customers into my chatroom?
You can if you want to. Obviously the more “watchers” you have in your chatroom, the more chances you have of one person paying for a private show. But the traffic side of things is taken care of by the popular cam sites as your profile will be promoted.
What equipment do I need to broadcast?
You will need a good internet connection and a decent webcam (with sound). Get a camera that can handle at least 720p and internet that’s at least 10mbps upload, to keep a high quality stream going. There’s nothing worse than a lagging or jumpy stream.
What if I decide I don’t like it – am I allowed to quit?
Of course! You are you’re own boss. You can quit whenever you like and do as many hours as you like.
Do I have to pay taxes?
Yes. Depending on where you live, you need to fill out the required forms when creating your account.
Do I need to pay a fee to become a model?
No. Each of the services above don’t require you to pay a fee to join. If you come across a cam site that requires a fee. DO NOT SIGN UP. They are probably scammers.
Do I have a set number of hours a week I need to work?
No. You can work however many hours you choose. It’s worth noting that the more hours you put in, the more chance you have of making good money from tips, private shows and pre-recorded footage.
How much money can I make as a cam model?
This really depends on how many hours you work and if you follow the tips above. If you work 5 hours or less a week, you might make $500-$1000 a month on average. We’d recommend that you work around 20-30 hours per week which should yield around $1,000 to $5,000 per month depending on how many goals you can reach and private shows you can get.
There are some cam models out there making upwards of $30,000 per month, but that’s NOT a typical income from camming.
I’m not very attractive, can I still be a webcam performer?
ABSOLUTELY! The best thing about being a webcam girl or boy is that there are people out there that love all shapes, sizes, races and sexual preferences. So you will definitely find some customers if you have the right setup and determination.
Adult Webcam Jobs Conclusion
At this point you should be excited to get started and might even have some questions that you need answering. The best way for us to answer your questions is by leaving a comment below and a member of our team will respond soon.
Being a cam model is like any other self-employed job, expect you are working in an industry that requires you to be thick skinned and focused. So stay positive, follow the steps above and you should be fine.